When it comes to planning the perfect wedding, there are many choices to be made, not the least of which is what type of meal or food you will serve your guests.
With our wedding catering, Perth residents have no need to worry about the hassle of their guests’ eating experience. However, the decision must still be made: cocktail, buffet, or sit-down? Which method is right for your event? Here is a breakdown of the pros and cons of each type of food service.
Cocktail servings consist mainly of small, hot or cold hors-d’oeuvres and drinks, which catering staff carries around the reception for easy access for your guests. Cocktail servings can be anything from party favourites like sausage rolls, to something far more gourmet and sophisticated like caviar. Your wedding cocktail servings can be whatever you need them to be. Cocktail servings have come quite a long way.
- Since it is not a full meal, cocktail servings will be more cost effective per guest than a full sit-down service
- If you have a small reception venue and are not planning on having much seating, you will have space for more guests, as there will not be anything overly bulky for food to take up space.
- Guests will have more opportunities to mingle without tables to impede them.
- Since seating is not required, your guests (and you) will have to do more standing.
- Food costs may be lower, but you will mostly likely end up spending more on drinks.
- Since cocktail servings are small, you will have to be extra careful about providing enough food to keep guests from being too hungry.
A buffet, which is an incredibly versatile option, is a very popular pick for wedding catering. With a set selection, it still allows your guests some freedom of choice in their reception meal. It also allows you some flexibility in choosing what to put on your buffet and what type of buffet you wish to have.
- Flexibility! You have the freedom to choose what to put on your buffet, and your guests have a choice in what their meal will be.
- Guests will serve themselves, so you will not need extra staff to carry or serve the food.
- Lining up provides extra mingling opportunities for your guests.
- You will not have as much concern about dietary restrictions, since the guests will serve themselves.
- You will need to make sure you have plenty of variety
- Lines can be annoying for guests
- You will probably have to plan for extra food since guests will serve themselves
This is the traditional reception choice of weddings. It typically consists of a three-course meal with a few entrée options for guests, and a wait staff to bring them food at their tables.
- Costs are controlled and you will not need to over stress about choices
- All guests are served at the same time
- Scheduling the meal allows you to plan out your reception activities
- More staff is needed, meaning it can be the more expensive option
- Offerings are limited
Ultimately, you know what is best for your wedding. Whatever you choose, we can help. Contact us today!